- SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR -BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Systems Administrator –Information Technology tenable in Gaborone.
Reporting to the Systems Engineer, the incumbent will be providing technical skills in implementing, configuring and monitoring of operations, designs and modifications to BIHL Group computer systems comprising electronic messaging, server hardware, storage devices, virtualization, and backup and restore processes, Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems ensuring high availability of the supported business applications in line with set policies, procedures and guidelines.
Key Performance Areas
- Plans, implements, monitors and maintains all activities related to operating systems, server platforms, virtualization platforms and storage technologies.
- Assists in the planning, implementation and provides support for patch management, electronic messaging, DHCP, file archiving, Active Directory, and DNS.
- Monitors and assists in the Disaster Recovery processes, backup and restore operations according to approved policies, standards and procedures.
- Continuously monitors and reports on systems and storage performance and utilization.
- Monitors and performs regular file archival and purge as guided by policy.
- Understands the needs of the users/customers and ensures swift resolution of issues and incidents providing regular feedback to users.
- Assists in the prompt thorough implementation of logged changes.
- Assists in research and identification of enterprise system improvement and upgrade including trending analysis and capacity planning.
- Assists in planning and implementation of recommended systems, server and storage standards and procedures.
- Applies technical skills to accomplish job effectively; helps others to solve technical /procedural problems and issues related to own field of expertise.
- Performs and validates assets and inventory management for licenses, software and hardware.
- Provides technical advice on equipment selection and participates in vendor selection process for Subsidiary companies
- Produces and maintains accurate documentation (technical and user) and processes.
Skills & Competencies
- Critical thinking
- Planning and organizing
- Customer Centric
- Technical expertise
- Good communication skills
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Information Technology or related discipline with an Industry Certification, e.g. Certified SUSE Linux Administrator or Microsoft (MCP or MCSA or MSCE) or VMware (VCP) and ITIL certification.
- At least Five (5) years relevant post qualification experience with at least two (2) years at supervisory level or equivalent dealing with Windows and Linux operating systems, server and storage technologies, server virtualisation, network and security as well as a high-quality appreciation of TCP/IP
The company offers an attractive remuneration package with benefits.