Main Purpose of the Job:
Engages in the implementation of the Investment Committee decisions and guides the investment process by collecting relevant market information, with a view to maximising returns.
Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics or related area.
Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics or related area plus two years relevant post qualification experience. ACI Diploma can reduce the required period of experience by one year.
Key Result Areas:
- Accurate and prompt implementation of Investment Committee Decisions.
- Accurate execution of transactions.
- Accurate analysis of global macroeconomic developments and forecast of price developments in the global financial markets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deals in foreign exchange and securities through authorised financial houses by buying and selling securities and foreign currency;
- Executes decisions of the Investment Committee on the instruction of the Senior/Chief Dealer;
- Collects and analyses relevant information for the formulation of the investment strategy;
- Places foreign currency deposits in accordance with stipulated guidelines;
- Monitors market movements and trends, and advises Senior Dealer and Chief Dealer of anomalies and major movements;
- Maintains counterparty relations and evaluating and controlling portfolio risk with respect to currency, market and credit exposure;
- Participates in meetings of the Investment Committee and provides technical advice and recommendations;
- Ensures that all deals are timeously captured in the Bank’s Investment system and that all queries are promptly attended to; and
- Undertakes such other related duties as directed by Senior Dealer/Chief Dealer/Deputy Director.